Monday, January 28, 2013

...The need to know


          In our very core lies the concept of drifting. It is a consequence derived from our curiosity, it brings us to a point in our mindset when we see something for the first time. Something that we can’t quite explain in terms of familiarity, since we tend to perceive things this way. These unknowable ideas despite their impossibility of existence, show tendency to bring confusion to our perception, but on the other hand they tickle us with thrive for knowledge. This pursue has brought alteration and growth of our: wisdom, imagination and humanity; throughout all the eons of our existence. Because we don’t wish to stand in dark domains of ignorance, we seek to know more.

          Throughout our evolutionary growth, we’ve altered our mindsets countless times, we’ve grown beyond our expectations and predictions, we’ve upgraded our biological senses with new improved ones made from technology; and now, we are in a position to say once more, that we are not quite sure of what lies out there, beyond the realm we deem to call our own – the Home World. We see and start to feel, that some of our concepts for nature have not been entirely correct, but this is not a burden to be frightened of. We should see this as a challenge, a place where we need to explore the full potentials of our nervous system; it is a moment when we ought to reexamine the depth within us, as well as the depth above us. We need to feel our presence and seek our place within the concept of nature.

          This represents a starting premise in why the times we live in are so interesting. We change our perception of reality in order to find the method(s) of the creation, its meaning and development to this point in time, and its future shape(s). Do we dare to say that only the will of God existed before the cosmic egg?

          As much I respect the Gods, but there is that tickle again… after all, I’m only human and I have a need to know… and why I wrote Natura Principia.

4 comments:

  1. Dejan...First I must say I find your postings and photography appealing, and have a particular interest in your long winding road. Shortly I am to publish further work on my theme of metaphysics, the core of which concerns bridging our existing with our being, which I in general regard as a contribution to the mind/body theme.
    Shortly I am to publish again, and as I said to an associate your winding road image I refer to as 'lifeline' in the context of my work on that theme. Would you be happy for me to apply it as an image relating to my theme?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Terence, always a pleasure to meet a fellow scientist. I thank you for your interest.
    I regretfully inform you that the winding road image is not mine to give, I've found it on the internet. I couldn't find the name of the author...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your enquiry Dejan, but must disillusion you that although I like to think myself informed on some issues of science, I am not a scientist. I am instead a trained painter in oils, and a writer on metaphysics, as well as something of dinosaur proportion being now 77. But since my retirement as Art School tutor/asst lecturer- I continue my work in painting and writing as 't'was ever thus'. I regret the image is not yours to give. I will merely add that you appear to have an engaging turn of mind. Best Regards. Terry

      Delete
    2. Thank you most kindly Terry:) Art is the highest form of expression, a region where thought acquires shape... kudos to your long experience!

      Delete